Sunday 9 January 2011

Boxing Days

These are not my shoes left in a box in England...

Okay the title sounds a few weeks late* (a bit like the updating of this blog), but anyway in a few days I am heading back to Blackwater/Hawley (whichever it is - even though GoogleMaps claims it is Frogmore!) for a few weeks of sorting through boxes.  Yes these are the boxes of 'precious' items (aka junk) that got packed up over three years ago, spent over a year in storage in London, got moved to a spare room in my mother's house and have survived various attempts at selecting useful/desired things to bring over here.
Originally we didn't have room, but now we have a whole flat to ourselves I can't really put off bring the last things here - and ridding my mum of the rest so she can get her spare room back.  To help with that I have been eBay-ing things that I thoughtfully photographed for that purpose last time I was at home... 15 months ago. I also plan to do some more of this - although as an eBay seller virgin I am not sure how that will go.

Konna, meanwhile, is staying home and hoping not to leave her keys and phone in the flat when she goes to work (for a change).

Talking of boxes: my mum sent me a Christmas Pudding (for christmas obviously), and I was amused to see on the box that it was from New Zealand... so was somewhat high on food miles by the time it arrived in Helsinki via UK.  Tasty though.


*As you may notice I wrote this before I went away and forgot to post it - but time shifted blogging is something you should be used to from hölypöly by now.... emmdee 26.1.11

No comments: