Tuesday 3 March 2009

White fluffy stuff

Snowy Logs: From Lapland - Winter 08/09

I'm looking out of our window now, watching the post lady in her yellow uniform trying to pedal her yellow bike across the icy yard in the falling snow. There has been snow on the ground for the whole of February, as well as at least half of January, and we still have more than 10cm in uncleared areas - a proper Finnish winter in other words.  It is funny how quickly I have become used to it really, so it is strange seeing pictures from Britain of swathes of crocuses and other early spring flowers.  However according to YLE it has still been warmer this winter than average, and December was very dreary and dark - which gives me an idea of how depressing it is when there is not much snow in the winter.  Maybe I should go out and enjoy it while it lasts.  

---

By the way, I hope you are liking the new look blog title headers.  The idea is to change it each month using a seasonal picture from our collection.

2 comments:

emmdee said...

Damn. I forgot to do the 'snowy blogs' joke...

Anonymous said...

We had lots of snow in London this year! which was definitely fun!