Thursday 6 August 2009

Good intentions

Luckily my bike is in better condition: From Åland cycle tour 2009


I know, I know. I was supposed to be writing in Finnish about the cycle trip, but what with language exams (yesterday) and Konna's (unintentional?) filling of every weekend with various activities the acres of spare time I should have seem to like a mirage...

Anyway as it is now only one month to the day until the Tour de Helsinki I thought I better commit myself to it once and for all, and so have now set up a JustGiving charity page, and a widget on the side of the blog, so it's not just my thighs that get to see the benefits of 140km of cycling.

At the moment I have two British charities Cancer Research UK and CJD Support Network, chosen due to their different connections with my family history. I would also like to have a Finnish charity, as I am in Finland afterall... but I am at a bit of a loss here as to what it could be - any suggestions of a suitable one in the comments section please, or to holynpoly[at]mudelta.co.uk

2 comments:

Carmen said...

How very small the world is! I'll be taking part in the Tour de Helsinki as well. I have also mulled over asking people to me in support of the MLL (www.mll.fi). Good luck, I know my legs need it!

emmdee said...

Thanks -and good luck likewise! After about 80 or 90km I find my legs are pretty much gone so it's going to be pure sisu for the rest.

I should really be out training today, but my back wheel is at the workshop for bearings and a spoke to be fixed...