Monday 19 October 2009

Are we here yet?

Kurpitsat! From Winter 2009 - Helsinki & around.


In case you were wondering we didn't turn into pumpkins, but did actually come back to Helsinki. So what's been happening to Emmdee and Konna?
  • A fancy dress party where we went as teenagers c. 1987 (for me think black jeans, sister's of mercy T-shirt, studded belt...; for Konna think language student - complete with EF rucksack)
  • A week dog/house sitting (good weather for walkies in the central park - where Konna had never been!)
  • Mennimme Linnänmäkiin - katso valot karne kuvista (see Linnänmaki Carnival of lights pictures on Picasa) - the lazer show was crap though...
  • Five (more) boxes of stuff arrived from UK: we now have more clothes, a TV, DVD/home cinema, and A3 printer again after a year! Hurrah! (But where the heck do we put it all?)
  • DVD player and printer aren't working! Boo! Where's that insurance claim form...?
  • Konna is working for a small but successful and critically acclaimed practice doing very interesting buildings (down to the doorknobs) ... can't say any more than that
  • We (or I as Konna is working full time now) may have some small projects coming... the big problem is of course what to call the company if we do
  • Menin hämmäsläkkärille / suunhygenistille, ja nyt minun hampaat ovat (melkein) valkoinen... ja hän sanoi minulle - sinä puhu hyvin suomea jos olet assunut suomessa vain yhden vuoden (!) Well who says Finns aren't polite?
  • 'Somebody' lost that dentist bill - cue comedy misunderstanding of spelling of my name on telephone: dee ... day - pay?, DEE - bee?; DAY - ...? Voisinko lähetää sinulle sähköposti..?
  • First sauna for six weeks (I even started to miss it)
  • First cycle ride for six weeks (since the biggie); 75km Porvooseen ja takaisin - was so damp and cold that on the way back had to stop at a bus stop to take of my shoes and socks to warm my frozen numb feet; notes to self: a) dress warmly when it's 5°C; b) after six weeks 75km is too far...
  • A video of my TdH triumph is on Strands here; and my Strands page is here (a sort of Facebook/training log for running/cycling)
  • We may have blinked and missed autumn... it snowed today...

2 comments:

Carmen said...

After we finished the T de HKI, I kept biking until late last month... My other half on the other hand has done diddly squat since then! I think it turned him off that I am in better shape than he is... Now he is finally starting to do something about it. :)

emmdee said...

I promised myself I would at least keep it up until the snow came… but have failed miserably. I guess I will have to find a winter sport to do now otherwise will be starting all over again to get fit next spring!

BTW I tried to post a comment on your blog after TdH but couldn't get it to work - wanted to agree about it being well organized.