Wednesday 10 June 2009

Kova - Tough (kuka? - who?)


Trans. Viivi: 'The world is a tough place'. Wagner: 'So is Mellunmäki'.
... tämä tapahtui tänään aiemmin Mellunmäessä:
... and this is what happened earlier today in Mellunmäki:

Ilman lukkoa ovi lukossa?! the door is locked without a lock!?
(inner of the two doors leading to the main corridor...
a standard solution in a Finnish apartment buildings for acoustics/fire etc)

Emmdee on our balcony in cycling gear

leaving the balcony... and you know how much he likes the heights

You may again wonder if this is one of the weird Finnish past times, to climb down from balconies dressed spandex - a new fashionable sport Emmdee has taken up as a hobby...
Just at 15:05 today it was discovered by Emmdee that there's no way out from our flat... The door had locked itself, even it does not have a lock - nice surprise for our cyclist on his way to the Finnish lessons in town (starting at 16:00). The estate maintenance chap hurried to help, but was not able to open the door from outside either... ladder was luckily found in the basement house store and the cyclist was on his way - fashionably late. I'm on the other hand stranded at home... and Hiri outside - no way in or out at the moment (which is always good especially if fire was to spread in the apartment...) The locksmith on call is lowering his boat to the sea in the harbour and could potentially make it here in 'a few' hours :)


Perhaps I'm out of here soon too?

8 comments:

Jim said...

Why is he taking the ladder to Finnish lessons?! I think you might need it more.

Anonymous said...

stylish exit :) Can I try it next time when I´m visiting??

Unknown said...

Thought maybe Mark was doing his 'Milk Tray' man impression..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mq59ykPnAE

lalatra said...

Well, Good that at least you had a balcony :-). Funny Story :-D.

Bruno

cazza said...

i'm more worried about mark's pony-tail ha ha!! maybe if it gets longer you can use that instead of the ladder next time?

konna said...

Very nice Les :) I think Emmdee might hurt his bum if going down the bumpy road like that... he he.

emmdee said...

I know Cazza - just call me Rapunzel

Maria said...

I must say I was thoroughly amused with this post on my way to work this morning!!! More, more of these adventures please!!! You two made my day ;-))