Monday 1 June 2009

Juhannuskalenteri


Colourful calender in our back yard

Obviously all of you have heard of 'Juhannuskalenteri' (by now, all English speakers should know what Juhannus is and what the word kalenteri means), right? Well, this is the first time for me too, so don't feel you have been left out from something great :) ... saying that though, I think you are missing out if YOUR friend has not made one for you! And no, you can't have mine. + If you don't have Juhannus in your country, the calender might be pretty meaningless to you - oh well...

So thank you friend for 'askarrella' this for us. The first 'luukku' (=hatch) has been opened and it revealed a bag of 5 flight bags for small items containing liquid one wishes to carry in the hand luggage - very handy for our flight to London in September. I wonder what does the rest of the bags keep inside... Should I sniff them in case there's chocolate and I could - perhaps - maybe - taste a bit (like I did a few years ago with the Christmas calender I was sent)... Oh perhaps I just wait and be patient, as difficult as it can be. This will definitely make the waiting & sitting inside in this 30 degree heat wave more pleasurable... Then again, if there's chocolate - surely it will melt in these temperatures, just a small peek - it won't hurt anyone...

Thank you :)

P.S. Juhannus = Mid summer, kalenteri = calender (... like an advent calender for December/Christmas)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep away from direct sunlight - Älä jätä paketteja aurinkoon, niissä voi olla jotain tulenarkaa...

konna said...

WHAT!!! Kerosiiniako niihin on laitettu? ... Ei siis suklaata? No chocolates?

Babo said...

I think you should tell us what you are getting in those packages... any biscuits?