Monday 20 December 2010

Lost Posts: TdS Day 3

What is that stupid piece of plastic for anyway?


I'm guessing that reading all these overlong Lost Posts of summer / cycling tour blogs is almost as hard work as writing them, so in the interests of speeding things up (so there is a chance they are done with before next summer) I'm changing to a more abridged and less windy style. You hope...
___

Kolmas päivä: keskiviiko 7. heinä: Kerimaan Camping:sta Savonlinnaan (noin 35km pyöräillä)



Day 3
In which we:
  • Take a big detour to avoid the main road
  • Follow the cycle route onto impassable sandy paths (gee I love pushing my overloaded bike)
  • Get hot and thirsty
  • Jam my back wheel somehow
  • Fix my back wheel (swiss army knifes have a tool for everything)
  • Take a detour to find a place to eat late lunch
  • Get caught in a downpour while eating lunch
  • Run down several opera festival goers in Savonlinna
  • Discover the enormous hill to get to the campsite
  • Have to camp half way down the other side of the hill
  • Have a sauna and swim in a warm lake

View Day 3 + rest day 4 in a larger map

No comments: