Tuesday 7 October 2008

Sweatpod 2000




Via YLE

Okay I made up the name, but this 'sauna capsule' is the real winning entry in the Invention Week competition. Presumably for those with small flats; and to sell to the Japanese to plug into their capsule hotels... It's already portable, but I think the next version should have bigger wheels and an engine so you can have a sauna on the move, I mean it's aerodynamic already. Just think of the time saving and stress relieving potential when stuck in traffic!

But is it just me or do you keep expecting Ripley to wake up and climb out of it?

3 comments:

Rune said...

Mmmmm Personal Saunafication,

Is this not the kind of contraption once used to try and kill James Bond in a health spa?

I like it. Better than an Ipod.

Breaking More Waves Blog said...

What next ? A toliet on wheels so that you can drive to work whilst having a poo ?

emmdee said...

Rune: Do you think I should tell them they are 40 years too late? Actually I think that was a steam box, which of course would be totally different...

Robin: I think that's already been done. It's called a train.