Monday 3 November 2008

Kielikuva


Mobile Shadow in Kumu: From Tallinn

As Konna seems to have gone blog crazy this week (warning: much like her postcards, there are still more to come!) I thought I would try to get a word in edgeways while she isn't looking. As you may be getting blog post fatigue I'll just point out:
  • New pictures (from our Tallinn trip) on the sidebar and on Picasa;
  • A short video of the NOFLUXUS light installation on YouTube (and on the sidebar);
  • New links 'cloud' also on the sidebar (finally found how to do it by looking at the More Breaking Waves blog and then got code from phy3blog)
And some words I am enjoying a the moment (just don't ask about negative imperfect...)
  • Kielikuva - figure of speech (literally: tongue picture)
  • Crapula - hangover (really!)
  • Suomentaa - to translate into Finnish
  • Aakkonen - the word for a letter [of the alphabet] is the first word in the dictionary
  • Meilailla/Meilata - to send an email (Meilaan - I send email; en meilaa - I don't sent email; meilasin - I sent email; En meilanyt - I didn't send email - okay I admit it, that is the negative imperfect of the Meilata form)
  • Kaamos - the winter period of dark and cold above the arctic circle
And the best one:
  • Hajuvesi - perfume (literally: smell water)
Any other suggestions? Obviously there are some strange English constructions when you think about it too.

Let me know when you have recovered from Konna's onslaught...

No comments: