Friday 21 November 2008

kun olen tehnyt kaksi tavaraa


Who made all the pies? 

As I had passed another language test - level 3 with a grade 4 (out of 5) since you ask - and to avoid doing anything really useful like my portfolio or making christmas cards (or god forbid - cleaning!) I made a couple of quiches/flans (what is the difference anyway?) one tuna, pesto, onion & pepper the other mushroom, cheese & tomato. The latter was more photogenic, but the former more tasty.  This is another first for me in the cooking area now I have discovered how to make pastry.  Well, reasonable pastry anyway if you don't mind it very short. One disappeared  yesterday as it was sauna night, and the rest goes with us to yet another weekend mökki retreat with Konna's käverinsä.  

The weather is now more realistically wintry outside - a dusting of snow and five-below, with a few fat flakes drifting around for effect.  Although Hiiri did say that there looked like there was more of a snow storm in her kitchen after I had finished with the flour... lucky she liked the end result, otherwise that might have been the end of my baking for a while.

The 3rd thing (he says referring to the title) was that I now officially exist here and have my very own personal identity code from the Helsingin maistraatti to prove it. Next on the list - kela kortti.


No comments: