Thursday 28 May 2009

Time flies when you're having fun


Danger - Architect at work... via


What is it with architects and deadlines?

Somehow it is 10 days since our last post, although it only seems like last night. I have several things I want to blog about (including horses & cows, blood pancakes, not cycling, dentists and other random things) but we're in that mad 'draw-up' zone trying to get our Europan 10 competition entry ready, working 12 hour days redesigning everything for the n-th time, redrawing it, redesigning it again, drawing it again, re-reading the brief, starting it all again.... Having the world's worst rickety, uneven table as a drawing board, no network, flaky software and only an A4 printer (also very temperamental - rather like it's owner) doesn't exactly help. Mind you the set up is still almost as good as my last office...

The observant amongst you may be wondering why I making a big deal about this as we still have exactly a month to go, however my course starts on Monday (oh bugger I have to revise for that too), and we have Juhannus in between, and I need to get a 3d CAD model of the whole site finished next week so we can work up some perspective views then work on the written part. While Konna will only have to draw everything else! If we were doing this in an office I would hope there would be a few more hands.  Lucky it is 'only' three A1 boards... (and 10 A3's, and 2 CD's) ... and we can't even publish it here until after the judging - in January!

2 comments:

lewism said...

Good luck! brings back memories of my final degree presentation. The sleep deprivation, the caffeine OD, the crazy lastminute redesigning. Oh the good old days!

emmdee said...

Thanks. Luckily with the benefit of hindsight I now know better than to try to do 'all-nighters' to 'catch up' (as I just get less and less productive anyway the later, or earlier, it gets). Not having anything else to do helps of course...

Hmm. Now that was tempting fate.