Tuesday 30 September 2008

Syksyn varit - Autumn colours




Syksyn varit ovat keltainen, oranssi, puninen ja ruskea...





As well as enjoying the autumnal colours, we also found a Functionalist modernist building at Vierumäkki - built in the late 20's and used as a hospital during the war its is now part of the Sports Institute there.  You might also notice (in the other pictures) that the forest tracks have lights - that's because these double as ski-trails in the (dark) winter months. Just add snow...


4 comments:

Breaking More Waves Blog said...

Very pretty. Bloody hell 23 blogs in one month. Mind you there are two of you 'at it'. My meagre 6 or 7 can be excused on a variety of fronts....

1. I'm flying solo
2. 2 children. Work. etc

Anyway, I really must get round to adding more links and stuff to mine. Your blog puts mine to shame. Expect more emails asking 'how do i' soon....

emmdee said...

'Tis a tad excessive perhaps... I don't think you need to excuse yourself anyway - you should just post when you want! I think ours will drop off a bit now anyway.

Rune said...

Hi there

Wanted to leave a message to say that this is my favourite time of year.

Just returned to Glasgow after living for many years in the Scottish Highlands.

These pictures make me wish I was back.

emmdee said...

Mine too Rune. I took about 50 that day - too many to upload! Makes a change from central London too...