Monday 1 September 2008

Syyskuu ja syksy




Where were we last year? Eden project, September 2007.  

September (Syyskuu) has always been my favourite or at least a special month for various reasons, (okay, because of my birthday then); even with it's connotations of 'back-to-school' for us from UK.  These days we often seem to go for short holidays with friends in (out of season) September.  I like the occasional indian summer days, the autumn colours, the first rustle of leaves on the ground; the beginning of autumn (syksy) and the end of summer (kesä).  Things always seem to start or end in September for me somehow, and now it will always be more poignant. 

Today is another start: the first lesson here in my Finnish for Foreigners course. 

Ehka ehkä mina minä sanoan sanon nyt: tänään on minun ensimmäinen suomen kieli oppitunti keilioppitunti.

I wonder how many mistakes are in that sentence...?

[corrected  23:06 01.09.08 by konna]

2 comments:

konna said...

4... ;) Mistakes that is... Some of them are very minor such as I is written minä (not mina) - and you know it... But the sentense is very understandable, so no worries & good luck!!! Konna

emmdee said...

Well I only got the first three words wrong...
The a - ä was and verb ending were all silly mistakes, quite right. Might have know that last one/pair would be aglutative. Kiitos.


(Now should I mention you've spelled sentence wrongly...)