Saturday 20 December 2008

1000/100


Sometime today we should get our 1000th visit (according to Sitemeter anyway, as we are on 998 as I write this) - well if you are not all too busy buying your christmas turkey/joulukinku and last minute gifts that is... 

Of course we haven't really had 1000 visitors in the last 6 months (please file under lies, damned lies and statistics - I'll explain in the new year sometime) and I doubt you've been here more than once a day each (once a week? once a month? Gee - I wonder why we bother sometimes...) which would mean we would have at least 7.6 readers at the most anyway. 

I was hoping this would also be our 100th post  - but too many people are googling himmeli and joulutortu at this time of year, so the thousand has come up a few early on the 95th post. So much for synchronicity - maybe I should change the title to 998/95.

Kiitoksia kaikille...

4 comments:

Breaking More Waves Blog said...

Am I your 1000th ????

Not sure how many I've had on my blog since I've started (haven't checked sitemeter for a while) but I am certainly getting more each month and December has been my best yet...certainly over 600 hits anyway just this month, but then I am writing about music and lots of people search for the things I'm writing about, plus I've had a load of referals from a couple of other sites.....

Explain the 'lies' comment please ? Or do I have to wait to new year...

emmdee said...

No - it was someone in Sweden searching Google for Joulutorttu http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s50holynpoly&v=2&r=9&vlr=8&pg=21 but I think you got visit no.1003!

emmdee said...

Oh yeah: 'Lies...' is just about how easy it is to twist the interpretation/meaning of statistics - but I will do a post sometime. I'm 63% certain.

Breaking More Waves Blog said...

Bummer. Beaten by a swede searching for Joulutorttu. I'm rapidly approaching my 2000th hit. (Just checked) of which almost 650 have been in the last month !!! The very simple rule seems to be the more you blog, the more hits you will get. I'm 87.3% certain of that.