Wednesday 3 December 2008

3 - Pikkujoulu


This is not pikkujoulu with the office I work at... although the plan is similar... Oh no.

Pikkujoulut on ennen varsinaisia joulunpyhiä järjestettävä vapaamuotoinen, usein jouluteemainen illanvietto/juhla, joita järjestävät tyypillisesti erilaiset yhteisöt, yritykset, yhdistykset, organisaatiot ja suuret kaveriporukat. Pikkujoulun vietto poikkeaa varsinaisesta joulunvietosta usein vapaamuotoisuudellaan ja varsinaista joulua vähäisemmällä hartaudellaan. Usein Pikkujouluja 'saa hävetä'. Suomalaiseen pikkujouluun yhdistetään muun muassa usein runsas alkoholinkäyttö... Sillälailla.

Pikkujoulut (pl. of Pikkujoulu) are pre-Christmas parties or little Christmas parties organised by offices, organisations or by groups of friends. The food & drinks might be fairly similar than at Christmas, but the partying is usually heavy & you feel embarrassed in the morning... The Finnish pikkujoulut has a stong association with alcoholic beverages... Hmm.


3 comments:

emmdee said...

Just you behave yourself - I've heard what can happen at these things...

Rune said...

I bet the murder by drowning rate goes up.

I love Finland more and more every time I visit this blog.

I can't begin to describe my horror at the thought of having to do this with the people that I work with.

Have fun.

Breaking More Waves Blog said...

Personally I would love to get the people I work with to do this, although I expect it would just be me on my own with everyone else watching and laughing.